GED Success Story

My son received his GED® through Windham School District. I just wanted to "Thank You" for this program. If not for this program, I do not believe my son, Christopher C. would have graduated. The services that you provide are priceless. Some of these gentlemen may not know it at the time and may do it for other people but, they will reap the rewards of having accomplished this task. I, myself, was overwhelmed by the graduation ceremony. Thanks is also in store for all of the staff that really put their hearts into educating these young men….With this new accomplishment he sees his future a little brighter….I just wanted to thank the school district for without it my son would still be lost. Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Ms. Michelle M. 

Other Success Stories that may interest you:

Nate Williamson showing offenders the path to self-improvement - "Life is serious. Freedom is serious. Employment after incarceration is serious. Education is the thread that will enable offenders to tie all of this together," said former Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) offender Nate Williamson.

Polunsky Unit Success Story - "He [Mr. Leblanc] taught me things that even the guys rebuilding transmissions for many years didn't know."

NEW - Learning equals possibilities - "Being incarcerated since I was young, I have had my share of trials and struggles. But knowing every morning that I may..."

Former Windham student becomes successful electrician - Garrett Stanley, a wonderful story of success in life after incarceration.

Cognitive Intervention Success Story - "I graduated from Cognitive Intervention and the course has had a major impact on me and my behavior".

Success Stories

Success Story IconNEW - I had given up on myself - "I could barely read or write and didn’t even realize I had given up on myself… a great teacher from WSD taught me how to believe in myself..."

Success Story IconTo a WSD welding teacher from a former offender student -
"I got a job welding and I had to write and just thank you so much for putting me ahead of the game."

Success Story IconNEW - I now have a good job - "My Windham teachers showed patience, effort, and kindness; they were very helpful"

Success Story IconIndependent Data Contractor Success Story -
"Due largely to the training I received from my teacher, I am able to be an independent ...

Calendar

September 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Teach for WSD

jobview sidebar

WSD in Images

WSD’s Business and Image Management & Multimedia (BIMM) class offers students the opportunity to learn viable graphic arts and computer skills, helping them prepare for jobs after release.
Offenders often experience academic success for the first time in a Windham classroom.
Offenders often experience academic success for the first time in a Windham classroom.
Vocational and academic skills are integrated in Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs, such as this Small Engine Repair class in Huntsville, Texas.
Each day WSD correctional educators pass through prison gates across Texas to work with men and women incarcerated within TDCJ.
Texas State Board of Education Chair Barbara Cargill congratulates GED recipients during Spring, 2014, ceremonies. “I am very impressed with the program and with the commitment of the staff and teachers,” she said.