The Superintendent of the Windham School District has legal responsibility for all operations of the school district and reports directly to the Windham School Board (Texas Board of Criminal Justice). The authority to operate the schools within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice was established in Texas Education Code, Chapter 19. The Superintendent's support staff includes:
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical support, coordinates scheduling, and maintains school board records.
The General Counsel of Legal Services advises the Superintendent on various legal issues in order to ensure district compliance with all applicable state and federal legal requirements.
The Public Information Officer publicizes news and accomplishments of the staff and students of the Windham School District to campuses within the district as well as to the outside media and public. This includes:
· Publishing brochures, pamphlets, and other materials to promote better understanding of goals, programs or operations of the Windham School District.
· Contributing news to the monthly inmate newspaper, The ECHO, as well as to other publications.
· Serving as a resource person to schools and other departments in the preparation of publications and public information materials.
· Assisting the Superintendent in coordinating various aspects of the District's public relations effort.
· Photographing special events, students, staff, and programs.
· Serving as a liaison between WSD and the news media by providing news releases, answering requests for information, coordinating interviews and visits, and organizing media conferences.
· Receiving inquiries, correspondence, and visitors to the District, thereby assisting the public in gaining a better understanding of the programs of WSD.
· Supervising production of The ECHO, TDCJ's offender newspaper.
· Coordinating WSD’s statewide teacher recognition initiative: The Lane Murray Excellence in Teaching Award.
Charlene Moriarty, Administrative Assistant (936) 291-5304