Health and Wellness Program
The mission of the Health and Wellness Program (HWP) is to improve the health and well-being of staff and incarcerated individuals by increasing self-awareness, through education, and workplace health promotion activities that will encourage long-term healthy lifestyle changes
- Promote and design health and wellness programs which are customized to meet the health and wellness needs of all stakeholders.
- Support positive life-style changes by providing effective informational materials, guidance and support for areas such as:
- tobacco cessation
- stress management
- physical health
- exercise, and more
- Create a work environment that inspires a happier, healthier, and more productive balance between work and home life.
- Encourage and motivate positive life style changes to incarcerated individuals and employees to ensure that they are more energetic which leads to more of a happier and healthier life.
- Allows for employees and incarcerated individuals to become advocates and active participants in their own wellbeing