WSD Employees - 2019 ERS Annual Summer Enrollment
As a Windham School District employee, you have from July 01, 2019 to July 13, 2019 to go online to make changes to your insurance benefits for Plan Year 2020 (September 1, 2019 to August 31, 2020). You need to go to https://ers.texas.gov/ to create a login and password. Please click here to read the instructions on how to create an ERS account if you have not done so. If you want to call ERS, Office Hours are Mon-Fri 7:30 am – 7:30 pm CST. (866-399-6908).
When you access ERS online, you will see your insurance enrollment and personal contact information. During Annual Enrollment click on “Benefits Enrollment” to make changes to your benefits for Plan Year 2020. A video member tutorial showing employees how to make annual Enrollment changes is available on the ERS website.
If you will be making changes that require Evidence of Insurability (EOI) approval, such as enrolling in or increasing the amount of optional term life, adding dependent life, short/long term disability, you will need to submit an EOI online.
If you were hired after 9/1/18 and elected TexFlex, you will want to verify your contribution amount. ERS is going to keep your contribution amount the same as you elected when you were first hired.
Below are changes for Plan Year 2020.
- Effective September 1, 2019, KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice will no longer be a part of the GBP. Participants and their dependents will be moved to HealthSelect of Texas®.
- Effective September 1, 2019, Delta Dental will be the third-party administrator (TPA) for the State of Texas Dental Choice PlanSM preferred provider organization (PPO). DeltaCare USA, an affiliate of Delta Dental, will become the new dental health maintenance organization (DHMO) carrier.
- Effective September 1, 2019, the State of Texas Dental Discount Plan will not be offered. If you want to join a dental discount plan, you can do so through the Discount Purchase Program starting September 1.
- The IRS has increased the flexible spending account contribution limits for TexFlex health care and limited flexible spending accounts from $2,650 to $2,700. If you want to increase your contribution to the maximum, you may do so during Summer Enrollment.
- The annual out-of-pocket maximums for in-network expenses for the HealthSelect Plans and the health maintenance organizations (HMOs) will increase slightly to $6,750 per individual (up from $6,650 per individual) and $13,500 per family (from $13,300 currently). These changes align the total out-of-pocket maximums with the maximums set by the IRS. As a reminder, out-of-pocket maximums reset for the HMOs every September 1, while the HealthSelect plans reset every January 1.
If you don't want to change your benefits, you do not need to do anything. Your current benefits will continue in Plan Year 2020.
Human Resources Benefits Coordinator will be available to assist with any questions starting July 22nd.